Thursday 22 September 2011

AMOR VINCIT OMNIA

Well, it's been a while since my last post. As usual, things changing on a daily basis...most I don't think I can post about on here..however...onwards and upwards!

This past week I realized how great it is to use the words " best friend " and really feel it. Whether that is a boyfriend, or a girlfriend(s), and whether they are near or far, last week I realized how amazing some of my friends are. The worst (and the best) thing about having travelled so much, is that I have amazing friends spotted in random corners of the world. Some of them know eachother, some don't...and the sad thing is, I know, I will probably never be in the same room as all of them at the one time again. Maybe my wedding... However until then, thank God for the wonders of Skype and MSN.

Last week I got to catch up with two of my closest friends, Belu and Lydia. It was almost as if we were back in our uni days just having a conversation in one of our rooms. It's such a great feeling to know you have people in your life (outside from your family) that genuinely care for you, your wellbeing, and that care about the people you care about, which for me right now, is probably the most important thing. I can't write about everyone on here, at least not in this post, because there would be way too many things to write!

I love the feeling of having talked to people who really get you. Who know everything you are going through, the good and the bad, but will always stay by your side. (Ok I sound like a sap). I love sharing my stuff, and listening and hopefully helping others get through theirs. It seems everyone around me is unsure of their footing at the moment in one aspect or another...hopefully everyone will come out of it happy at the end of the day. I wish I could help everyone.... I wish...



















































Dublin --> NYC --> Buenos Aires

Just because we are far apart, who says we can't have a social life together?? This week, we are planning to have dinner together...what will it be...Italian, Chinese, Indian??
Also a big congratulations to Beluchis on a great promotion at work. I am SO happy and so proud of you! Keep going! Maybe one day I will be the GM of a hotel a few blocks away from you, and you the GM at the Hyatt! Vamos!!!! Felicidades!!!!

Last week I also got the chance to meet up with two of my old tennis best friends. We had a lovely dinner and a massive catch up! Emma, Vanessa and myself grew up together. From the ages of 8, we were introduced through tennis and kept a friendship for the past 16 years. It's hard to believe it has been that long. We have shared SO many unbelievable memories -hours on a court sometimes 4, 5, 6 times a week, fitness regimes which stemmed from the 5p CHALLENGE, to Beep tests, to medicine balls to impossible cardio routines.
We learned how to win and how to lose, we learned what it meant to be part of a team, and to rely on others, we laughed, we cried and we gradually grew up. It feels great to be able to be together and feel like we have never been apart, even though it's been a long time since our tennis years.
We didn't only share time together on the court at practice...tournaments were the most fun! After our matches, we would go out for family dinners, have sleep overs, catch up with other friends who were coming from all around Ireland. We shared Halloweens together ( ohhh the pictures!!!), went to countless movies, shopping trips, and travelled around Ireland.
I can say with little doubt: my tennis years in Ireland were among the happiest times of my life.











Thank you for years of laughter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers