On August 18th 2011, I published my 100 Things I want to do list. Although I have not conquered much of the list, I am pleased to say I have crossed off 11 things and the next couple of months should see a few more gone hopefully!
Unfortunately though, some of my priorities have changed (had to change) over the past months so there have been a few edits. It doesn't make me happy to give up on my dreams but...I will have to make new ones... Throughout the year, I have kept note of new experiences I would like to add so they are now there too!
In no particular order:
- Go on an African safari
- Get married
- Have my children
- Travel around Asia for 3 months
- Travel South America for 3 months to Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico
- Have breakfast in Paris with my other half outside the finest bakery in the sunshine
Make my parents and sister proud
- Live in the States again
- Live in Tunisia
- Travel around North America for 2 months, visiting Boston, New York, Chicago, California, Colorado, Seattle and DC.
- Take a romantic trip to NYC
Take photography classes
- Become a semi-professional photographer
Learn how to bake and do it a lot!. . .
- Own at least 3 different properties around the world
- Learn how to use Photoshop
- Get my Irish drivers licence
Be promoted in the Four Seasons. . .
- Transfer to somewhere else in the world, either temporary or permanently
- Experience true human flight - see video! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cs-zZ0Qu5Y
- Be in the cockpit of an airplane for a take-off or a landing
- See NYC by helicopter (As in the scene from 2 Weeks Notice!)
- Travel around Tunisia for 3 weeks
- Plan my own dream wedding
- Take part in a photoshoot
Do a photoshoot (hopefully many of them)
- Write an autobiography
- Speak Spanish fluently
- Speak Tunisian Arabic fluently
- Move to a Spanish-speaking country for 3-6 months straight and study and speak ONLY Spanish, no English!
- Write a successful blog and have over 100 followers
- Buy an amazing camera
Join a gym and use it!!
- Buy a small picnic basket
- Have a picnic in Central Park, NYC
- Buy a really expensive handbag
- Open a restaurant
Visit the Sassis in the Netherlands or have them visit me in Dublin Visit Asia in Poland
- Visit Gloriana in Mexico
- Be the best mum and wife I can be
- Have a guest bedroom in my home, always with fresh flowers by the bedside and an open door for all visitors
- Have a cinema system at home
- Own one property with a lot of land
- Go camping and roast marshmallows over an open fire
- Get back into tennis
- Take a course on interior design
- Take up the piano again and learn at least 2 new pieces
- Learn a bit about flowers and gardening and plant my own small garden
- Build one of my properties from scratch, designing it myself
- Visit the North Pole and go sledding with reindeers
- Go to a music festival
- Attend a film festival
- Go to an opera
- Do something with my teeth so I don't always have to wear a brace!
Swim again with dolphins Snorkel again in a coral reef Get my face drawn by a caricaturist
- Visit a famous museum
- Become GM of a resort
- Own my own business and be my own boss at some point
- Learn how to drive a stick shift
- Go back to university to do a masters
- Learn French again and speak is as close to fluently as possible
- Redecorate my room at home
Help my family with money Return to FL soon, at least for a visit and as much as possible
- Visit Greece
- Go on another cruise
- Holiday in The Maldives
- Holiday to Bali
- Holday to Bora Bora
- Go to Friguia Park
- Attend an arts and crafts class
- Grow my own fruit and veg
- Throw a themed party soon
- Camp in the dessert
- Dance Salsa - well!
- Win the green card lottery
- Go on my first skiing holiday
- Work some time from home
Help someone achieve their dream Start a proper savings account!!
- Organize my old clothes, and donate to a charity and/or to someone that needs them
- Open my own hotel
- Own a boat
- Take time off work or work part time for a while when I have my children
- Invent a perfume and design the bottle
- Invest in a small property and rent it out
- Take a life coaching course
- Send my mum and dad on a surprise holiday
Organize a reunion
- Find a job that I can earn some extra money from home (data entry etc)
- Explore a jungle or rainforest
- Try Paragliding
- Put a message in a bottle and throw it out to sea
- Ride along vineyards on horses with someone I love
- Go Tree Camping LOOK!
- Go whale watching
- Take a flight lesson(s)
- Have the smell of Le Meridien in my home
- Take a self-defense/martial arts class
- Buy a horse and learn how to horse-ride
Do a diet/fitness challenge like Insanity (because of my work it would definitely have to be adjusted so I will make one up!)
- Buy a new puppy (a husky/st.bernard)
I encourage anyone reading this to do something similar... it really helps you get things done, and writing things down definitely makes your aspirations more real and do-able!! And it feels awesome when you cross something out!!
Here's to another year and to taking chances!