Sunday 10 June 2012

1 Year

10th June 2011 

I went for my first day of work at the Four Seasons, Dublin as the new Front Desk Agent. It was my first day of work EVER, in Ireland. I was nervous, didn't know what to expect, and being honest, I was completely depressed. I missed my boyfriend, I missed living in Florida, I missed my old job, my friends. My life had completely changed, it was turned upside down and I didn't know what was going to happen from one day to the next.
All these new faces, new rules, new expectations... I was overwhelmed with CHANGE.
I knew it was a great company to work for, I knew it would open doors for my career, but I couldn't make my heart believe it - it was firmly some place else. Every day for months, I got up to go to work thinking " how am I back here in Ireland?"  I just couldn't believe it.


10th June 2012

I now go to work as an MIT-more than half way through the program. I have done a few months as Duty Manager, I'm now training in Reservations and Yield and Revenue, and now I'm about to move to Housekeeping to be a manager for the last few months of my Manager in Training program. I am part of a great innovation group for the hotel, helping to carry Four Seasons even further ahead. I've been given so many challenges, and have high expectations of where I think I should be. Sometimes I feel like there are not enough hours in the day to do everything I need to do...or more importantly, everything I want to do.
Even though I still struggle sometimes, and maybe a part of me will always be some place else, I now know what an incredible opportunity I've been given by my managers and also my family. I've met some really great people, learned so much, and feel like an entirely different person when I go to work.
I know that working in Four Seasons will continue to open so many doors for me, and I hope I will continue to embrace that, and keep moving forward.

Who know's where I'll be this time next year, but I am sure I want to remain with the Four Seasons!

Thanks to everyone who has been a part of the journey so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers