Friday 21 October 2011

Magic Kingdom

On to our next adventure: Magic Kingdom... and that is what it was : MAGIC! This has to be one of my favorite places in the world. It really is a place where dreams come true. Everyone is always happy, children laughing, parents laughing, couples in love sharing the magic, and friends, like me and Maggie, living the dream!!

None of it could have been possible without the dreams and dedication of one man : Walter Elias Disney.
His legacy has allowed  billions of people from all over the world, experience immense happiness every single day. His dreams have allowed the dreams of SO MANY others come true. 

Walt Disney was a film producer, director, screen-writer, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur, entertainer, international icon and philanthropist. Obviously a man unafraid to dream, to look into his imagination and create the impossible. He found ways for EVERYBODY to escape, to dream and to believe.

Thank you, Walt Disney, for the years of happiness you have given me and my family, my friends, and one day I hope my children. 



Here you leave today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy...

This is where I start to get REALLY excited...pitty we missed these signs on the way this time as we decided to pay Gainesville a visit. Ups. (This is an old pic)
YAY!!!



Magic Kingdom was decorated for Halloween, and already had a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and although Maggie and I didn't stay for it, it would be much more suitable for me than Universal's Halloween Horror Nights!!! Seven Halloweens spent in the States, and I never made it to one!

The first picture everyone has to get
On the way to the magic...
Even they were going!
Main St.

Fantasyland

For me, this is the most magical place. It was where I went on my first ever ride from my favorite Disney movie - Peter Pan! I always wanted to fly like Peter -anything that resembled Pixie Dust I sprinkled on my head in the hopes that I took off......I'm still waiting.
For me, Fantasyland is the essence of the Magic Kingdom.

My FAVE!!!

Love is all around!



Frontierland

Here are two of my favorite rides ; Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain, as well as Liberty Square right next door with the Haunted Mansion- love it!!

Thunder Mountain and the Haunted Mansion



Splash Mountain

We were ready to get wet...and we got soaked!
Wohooo! Not long till one of my favorite times of the year! I wish I could spend it with ALL the people I love
I could have taken so many more photos but Maggie probably would have flung me off one of the rollercoasters. She put up with a lot as it was! But here are some other randoms...






And just as the day was drawing to a close, and we thought our purses were safe, we found this awesome candy shop on the way out!! Heaven! We decided to stock up on candyfloss (cotton candy for all you Americans;) and fudge! Yum...





What a wonderful two days!! Thank you Maggie for sharing it with me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers