Saturday 30 July 2011

Jobs, Concerts, Birthdays and Reunions

The last 2 months have been hectic to say the least... I finally came to terms with being in Ireland (sort of), had accepted a job, mentally prepared myself to start it, where upon I got another offer, which after a lot of consideration, decided to take. To most people, it might be great to have the two offers, but for me, it caused so much stress! I find it very difficult letting people down, so for those 4 days I waited to call the first job, my face gained about 10 lines, and making the final phonecall took about 10 years off my life!














































































These photos were taken upon request. I waited two weeks to be alone in the changing rooms so no one would see how sad I looked! 

Work has been a strain - SO much to learn, and at the same time, so much going on in my personal life. It's hard to take it all in, but for the most part, I am enjoying it, and thankful to be kept busy. I am learning a lot and can really see myself growing within this company,whether that is in Ireland, or somewhere else.
Social life is virtually non-existent, but that's OK right now. I have some short term travel goals set, and they are what's keeping me going!

Last month Jacqueline and I got tickets for the Take That concert here in Dublin. It was AMAZING! I was never a huge Take That fan or anything, but I always enjoyed their music. Since the concert though, I love them! To anyone out there reading this: If you ever get the opportunity to go to one of their concerts, go!











































We also celebrated Jacqueline's 21st birthday last month. A lot of planning went into it to make sure it was extra special. We went to a park, had a lunch by the beach (a bit cold, but still!) and then an amazing dinner (the best sushi I've ever had) After dinner I resigned, and left the young ones go out to party till 7am!!!




Elmoo!!
She can go on big rollercoasters, but teacups she hates!
Can my house be like this??



Her birthday drink


Happy Birthday, Jac!!!





This last month also brought about a short reunion with my Dutch family! Having not seen them for more than 2 years, it was amazing to be reunited! The girls had become so grown up, speaking fluent English which I still can't believe.. and with such great parents, it is no wonder they have grown up into such beautiful young ladies.




















They are both hockey stars so I better get some practice in before they visit again so I can take them on, on the pitch! They also put me to shame by playing the piano (and singing) brilliantly last week. I learned piano for about ten years of my life and embarassingly enough, I can't play even ONE piece! It made me realise I want to take it up again soon, which, in turn, brought to my attention how many things in the past I said I'd do, but never got around to it.
Recent and ongoing events in my life have really made me wake up, and realise that life is WAY too short to keep saying "tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow." I made a promise to myself I will live in the moment as much as possible and DO what I want to do, when I want. (I feel a verse of " It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" coming on...I will refrain) There are SO many things I want to experience and acompolish in my life, and I am going to start acting upon them now.
 I am in the process of writing out a (long) list of things I wish to do. Some of them are totally random, some very small, some very big, some maybe almost impossible. But, if it's on my list, it is NOT impossible, and I hope I will make the right opportunities for myself, and take the right risks, to get things done. I might write the list on here in one of my next few posts, and check off when I have completed something.  I have already posted it up on my bedroom wall as a little motivation every time I wake up in the morning.

Wish me luck getting started!

On a lighter note, weather has been beautiful here some of the days in the past month...as in bikini weather!!  In Ireland!! Me + bikini + Ireland = rare occurance!


WEATHER!!! BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!!


FLOWERS!


Some random pics... our neighborhood got attacked by seagulls the other day! You should have seen it! I would guess there were about 1000 birds. I tried to take some pics from my bedroom window..here's what I got...




MAKE A WISH.
Mine is for the man I love ...
Buenas noches a todos, hope all your dreams come through! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers